A roof is such an important feature in protecting your home. You don’t want just anyone up there. Finding a quality roofing contractor is a big deal when it comes to home improvement.
How do you choose a good roofing contractor from all the different ones out there? There are some signs of a quality roofing contractor that you should be on the lookout for.
Follow these tips and tricks for choosing a quality roofing contractor:
- Check the reviews. Across Facebook, Google, and some consumer advisement websites, you should see at least a few recent reviews for the company. Check to see what people say.
- Research your local judicial records. Many states now make court records easy to look up online. If you see a company with many small claims or private suit judgments against them, you’ll know to stay away.
- Check business organization ratings. A Better Business Bureau rating can be a good clue regarding performance.
- While a new business could offer excellent quality, checking to see how long a company has been around can give you additional reassurance that it has the skills and experience to deliver an excellent product.
- Verify a company’s licensing, bonds and liability insurance. This essential documentation should be freely given and easily verifiable by contacting the granting organizations.
- Get an estimate. Your estimate should cover a fair range of possible budgetary considerations. A quality contractor will provide you documentation of this estimate and let you know if it’s a guaranteed estimate.
- Ask your friends. Online reviews are good, but reviews from people you know speak volumes. If someone you trust recommends a business, you will likely feel more confident going into the transaction.
When you’re shopping around for a quality roofing contractor, consider The Roof Doctors. We have a lot of happy customers, with 4.9/5 stars on over 100 Google reviews. We’ve even been granted an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
Since being in business in 1997, we’ve amassed skills and community relationships. We have gained the trust of community members and even been given the opportunity to work on town landmarks. These include the homes at Park Street Row and the Neal Dow House.
We are happy to provide all desired information about our licensing, bonds, and insurance. We also offer a quote right on our website, so you can begin your relationship with us with a fair estimate of what a project looks like financially.
From installing new roofs to maintaining them with shoveling during the snowy winter, we at The Roof Doctors work to meet the standards of a quality roofing contractor with every job we take on.